Nigerian Fried Rice, with a lil’ Twist
It had been a long while since I last made this, so I thought I’d make it today with all the below accompaniments. Who begged me, I honestly don’t know, because I’m super tired now.
I kid, I kid, well just a little… Fried rice is pretty easy to make, straightforward, everyone has a different method for making this, but to make it my way with a slight twist, here’s what you’ll need:
3 cups parboiled long-grain white rice
1 bag mixed vegetables
1 large can pineapple chunks
2 knorr cubes
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbps curry powder (gives it color)
2 tbps Goya Adobo seasoning
1. Boil rice until firm, but almost cooked. Remove from pot and put in bowl, set aside.
2. In pot, heat up 3 tsps canola oil. Add bag of mixed veggies. Let cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add seasonings. Let cook further for another 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Reduce heat to low and add rice. Stir rice and veggies together thoroughly.
5. Add 1/2 cup water, let simmer for 5 minutes. Once water is drying, add entire contents of pineapple can (juice included).
6. Increase heat to medium. Stir thoroughly. Taste to adjust seasoning. Remove from heat if okay. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
**Of course, if you’re not a pineapple fan, just omit it.**
7. Serve with salad, chicken or meat of your choice.